We’re looking for a top-tier Senior Cryptographic Engineer to help us design practical, efficient, and secure cryptographic mechanisms for scaling blockchain technology to true consumer applications, without compromising the integrity of the cryptographic trust layer. Every member of our team shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. This position is based in our Vancouver office.
We value that each candidate brings their own unique mix of skill and experience. We set a high bar for our team members, but ensure they have the support and guidance not just to succeed, but to excel.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Apply practical knowledge of cryptographic primitives and their usage to new consumer-scale blockchain-enabled products.
- Design, deploy, and maintain a secure, trustworthy, and production-grade processing network.
- Research the latest developments in cryptographic technology, specifically related to public-private key systems, compact multi-signature and threshold-signature schemes, and lightweight secure multiparty computation.
A little bit about us:
CryptoKitties is the world’s most successful blockchain game, accounting for 25% of traffic on the Ethereum network upon launch. CryptoKitties are cryptocollectibles that secure ownership of digital art via distributed ledger technology. Since launching, players have exchanged tens of millions of US dollars on the platform, with some cats selling for over US $100,000. We’ve been featured by The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times,TechCrunch, and VICE.
We created CryptoKitties to explore the concept of digital scarcity and introduce blockchain technology to everyday consumers. We want to shape the future of blockchain. Our team of 30+ world class engineers, designers, and product leads set industry standards and pioneer innovative blockchain advancements, including developing a new type of non-fungible token, ERC-721. Recent funding includes investments from leading firms Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures.
Our team combines creativity and experience to test new ground in game-making—our mission is to inspire delight with the goal of attracting the first billion consumers to the world of blockchain games and digital assets.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has an understanding of cryptographic primitives and the decentralized systems they enable.
- Has experience implementing production-quality cryptographic systems.
- Is inspired by the potential of scalable decentralized technology and finds it frustrating that existing blockchain projects don’t put enough focus on user experience and useful applications.
- Is comfortable assimilating information from academic papers and implementing new theories in code.
- Effectively communicates best practices for secure usage of cryptographic protocols to other team members.
How to apply:
- Resume or LinkedIn
- Please include a brief answer to ONE of the following:
- ETH uses Elliptic Curve Digital Signature. What are your thoughts? What do you think about using RSA Signature instead?
- Someone loses their private keys every day, losing access to their blockchain assets. What are some promising cryptographic mechanisms that can allow users to safely store and recover their keys without relying on a trusted third party?
More about CryptoKitties:
At CryptoKitties we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, a dog-friendly office–our dogs are the cutest in the industry, and we won’t be told otherwise–extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.